There are several options for configuring the MicroLogix 1100 that can be very useful.
- Double-click on the Controller Properties item in the project tree and then select the Passwords tab.
If we want to protect the program, we can assign a password. We can also assign a Master Password so that we can protect each PLC with a different password but assign a Master Password for use by a lead engineer or supervisor. Be careful! If you forget the password, it cannot be recovered and access to the program will be lost.
- Double-click on Processor Status, we can view status information for many facets of the MicroLogix CPU.
- On the Processor tab, we can view information about the CPU model and firmware revisions.
- On the Scan Times tab, we can view the length of time it takes the CPU to complete one scan of the ladder logic, both for the last scan and for the longest scan since the CPU was set to Run mode.
- On the Errors tab, we can see if there were any errors detected while the program was executing.
Most items on the Scan Times and Errors tabs are most meaningful while the processor is in Run mode.