Watch this video and more on RealPars
In this video, we will demonstrate:
- How to develop a suitable process variable simulation that will be used to test the PID algorithm in the PLC.
In this video:
- I will complete the ladder logic for implementing PID control in a Siemens S7-1516 controller.
- I will download the program to the PLC and prepare to test the simulated process and PID loop.
In this video, we will show you how to test the PID loop logic and how to enter the PID loop tuning parameters.
- I will complete the tuning of the temperature control loop by adding derivative action.
- I will use the built-in tuning tools of the S7-1516 controller to optimize the loop.